Pompey's best 11 - StuartM
Here is my favourite all-time Pompey 11: not necessarily the best players ever, but those who gave their all for Pompey and have stood out for me over the years. Goalkeeper: David James
- I have said "Great save by David James" dozens of times since he came - truly legendary ability to pull off amazing saves.Right Back: Glen Johnson
- The best attacking fullback I have seen at Portsmouth - can dribble past players with ease, crosses well and can score great goals - and will probably become more of a legend over the next few years when he learns to give his all a bit more!Centre Back: Noel Blake
- this guy was just awesome in defence, scored lots of goals and when we needed him, he would play up front in the last 10 minutes and sometimes score - a true legend from my youth.Centre Back: Linvoy Primus
- Has such a great attitude, always given 110% and outshone our big name defenders last year and in previous years. A must.Left Wing Back: Matty Taylor
- Has scored some legendary goals and penalties for Portsmouth, always runs hard and I'll forever remember his celebration against Wigan!Right Midfield: Steve Stone
- Another one who was instrumental in getting us out of the Championship and keeping us the Premiership - scored some crucial goals, supplied great crosses, never gave up and inspired others. Centre Midfield: Micky Tait
- A great hard tackling hardnosed player who could score some great goals - played a number of great seasons for Pompey in the 80'sCentre Midfield: Pedro Mendes
- Wins his place in the team for scoring THE best goal I've seen for Pompey - against City in the Great Escape - as well as the other blasts he has scored - good intelligent footballer who has tons of class.Left Midfield: Paul Merson
- What a creative inspiration for our promotion season - he set up and scored so many goals and made such a difference to our team - always will be remembered for lifting us up out of mediocrity. Harry Redknapp's best ever buy!Striker: Guy Whittingham
- I saw his first ever goal for Pompey and followed his career ever since, always telling my friends that this guy would be legendary - he proved it with his 48 goals in a season which will probably never be surpassed.Striker: Benjani Mwaruwari
- I reckon Benjani would set up as many goals for Guy as Paul Walsh did, his non stop running and hassling and competitiveness, as well as his excellent attitude make him a big favourite for me.
Selected by - StuartM.
For more details on how you can select what you feel is Pompey's best 11 and then submit it to me click here
PLAY UP POMPEY!No right or wrong...
Remember there is no 'right or wrong' it is the opinion of the individual who is selecting, people might not agree but it is their call, so lets respect this.
To join the Vital Pompey debate - in the forum
or with comments on articles - simply take a few seconds to register an account