The dirty dozen - PompeyJake
Next up is PompeyJake, so without any further ado here are the answers given...
1) Maybe its viewed as an 'odd question' but did you enjoy the 2011/12 season?
I enjoyed it as I do every season. We don't need to be winning to enjoy the whole experience of being a Portsmouth fan. I enjoyed this season more than last because although we stayed up the season before last, there were no defining memories that'll stay with me for life, unlike this season.
2) What was your 'highlight' of the season?
I'll set the scene: The whole of St Marys on its feet celebrating the fact they were finally going to beat us after all these years. The noise from them was deafening, the best I've ever heard from a home crowd apart from us although it was only because they had just scored in the last minute. They start whistling for full time, the ball is hoofed, Rekik and Kitson both go up for it, the ball drops to David Norris. I'll be surprised if I ever experience anything like that moment again.
3) And your 'lowest point' of 2011/12?
Losing at home to millwall. It hurt more as I'd gone to the effort of arranging for 7 of us to go down so had had to move our season tickets from the Fratton end. The atmosphere in the north stand was shocking, the game was boring and that result was the one that I feel was the final nail in the coffin.
4) Who was your player of the season, and why?
For me its Jason Pearce. He's the player I'd have most liked to have kept. Gave his all in every game and was a real rock at the back. A worthy captain.
5) What about the player you think contributed the least and should not have been with us?
There's several: Kanu, Benjani, Kitson, Varney. I don't want to say Kitson because although he contributed little at least he played and did impact some games, the one at Doncaster away in particular (albeit scoring with his hands!). Kanu contributed nothing but he wasn't given the opportunity too. You could kind of say the same for Benjani. Varney was so so disappointing. I pinned our hopes of survival on him coming back from injury. I, like others, thought he could be the one to keep us up. He was appalling. I'd probably say Varney but he is not alone.
6) How do you feel about playing in the third tier of English football?
Makes no difference to me. As long as we're a club, I'll support us whatever division be it premier league or conference south.
7) Will you be getting a season ticket for the 2012/13 season or just 'picking and choosing' your games?
As I'm going to Uni I'm not renewing which is a real shame. When I'm able to I'm hoping to make as many games as possible. I have to be honest this year I've been able to travel to away games more and I've enjoyed that experience far more so will maybe focus more on going to away games.
8) What team are you most looking forward to facing next season?
Weirdly Yeovil purely because I have a lot of family and friends who support them as that's where I'm originally from. Please win that one for me Appy otherwise my life will be hell.
9) And the team you are least relishing?
Haven't really got a team I don't relish. Probably Sheffield United as they will probably be favourites for promotion.
10) It is tough to know who will, and will not, be with Pompey in the 2012/13 season but at the moment who is your early tip for the player of the year?
11) Which youngster do you think will make the biggest impression during the upcoming season?
I think Ashley Harris will become a regular and could make an impression. It really depends on how many youngsters we end up bringing in.
12) At the time of asking this it is still early doors but what are your hopes/expectation for the 2012/13 season?
Not to get relegated again. Not to go into administration again. A season of consolidation and nurturing of young players.
Thanks again to PompeyJake.
So, what you waiting for!
Get your answers to me right away (email@example.com) and I will get them published one by one...
UKTony - here.
Pastyman72 - here.
Et_tu_Pompeii - here
pompeyrug - here
mslorna48 - here
jsander48 - here
PLAY UP POMPEY!
Vital Pompey on: Vital Pompey on: