Vital Statistics and Videos - Scummers
* The Scummers come into this match as leaders of the Championship, after having spent the entire season in the top 2.
* Away from home they have only won 1 of their last 8 fixtures, and have failed to keep a clean sheet in any of these.
* The Scummers are the league's top scorers, with 44 goals in 21 games, with Ricky Lambert topping the individual standings with 14 of these.
* Coming into this game the Scummers have only managed 4 points from their last 12, their worst run of form in 13 months.
* Pompey come into this match with off the back of 2 wins on the bounce for the first time since last March.
* At Fratton Park, Pompey haven't lost since September, accumulating 13 points from a possible 15 in that time.
* Portsmouth have only shipped 8 goals at Fratton Park this season, a record that no other team in the Championship top 10 can beat.
* David Norris is joint top scorer for Pompey thanks to his last gasp strike at Burnley, putting him on 5 for the season alongside Luke Varney.
* The last two meetings between these two sides both ended in famous 4-1 victories for the Blue side of Hampshire.
* The Scummers haven't won at Fratton Park for 27 years, and haven't won a league game here in 35 years.
* It has been 24 years since these two sides played out a draw, and there hasn't been a goalless match between them since 1924.
* There are currently no players that have played for both clubs in either squad, however throughout the years there have been a host of players and managers that crossed the divide, such as; Mick Channon, Alan McLoughlin, Nigel Quashie, Peter Crouch, Alan Ball and Harry Redknapp.
* I couldn't decide on which video I wanted to show most, so here is both of them, the highlights from the last two times the clubs met. Enjoy!
Scum 1 - 4 Pompey (FA Cup 2010)
Pompey 4-1 Scum (Premiership 2005)
Frippy's Virtual Bookies - Pompey v Scum: here.
Written by PompeyFrippy.
The views within this article are the views of the individual who wrote and submitted this piece, sometimes solely theirs. They are not necessarily shared by the Vital Pompey Site Journalists.
Click here to make your prediction: Pompey v Scum.
Vital Pompey on: Vital Pompey on: