Vital Statistics - Coventry
* Coventry come into this game without a win in 8 games, suffering 5 defeats in the process.
* Away from home, Coventry have only won once in 12 months, with that victory coming at Fratton Park last April.
* The Sky Blues find themselves level on points with bottom club Doncaster going into this match, having won less games than anyone else in the league this season (2).
* Coventry have kept just 1 clean sheet in their last 13 games, but have managed to score in 10 out of these 13 games.
* Michael Appleton is still searching for his first win as Pompey boss, following a loss at Watford and last weekend's draw against Leicester.
* Pompey haven't lost at home since September, gaining a respectable 10 points from their last 4 games at Fratton.
* Both Norris and Ben-Haim find themselves 1 booking away from suspension coming into this match.
* There have been no penalties awarded in any of Pompey's last 12 matches, since both Portsmouth and West Ham were both awarded a penalty (and both subsequently scored).
* Portsmouth were the only side that Coventry done the double over last season, winning 3-0 at Fratton Park and 2-0 at the Ricoh Arena.
* It has been 2 months short of a decade since Portsmouth have beaten Coventry at Fratton Park.
* Since World War 2, Pompey have only managed 5 league wins against the Sky Blues.
* If he plays, Martin Crainey will be featuring against his old club.
* It's easily forgotten, but our trip to Wembley in 2010 nearly never happened after Coventry came close to knocking us out at the first hurdle. Here are the goals from that game...
Frippy's Virtual Bookies - Pompey v Coventry.
Written by PompeyFrippy.
The views within this article are the views of the individual who wrote and submitted this piece, sometimes solely theirs. They are not necessarily shared by the Vital Pompey Site Journalists.
Click here to make your prediction: Pompey v Coventry.
Vital Pompey on: Vital Pompey on:
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.