Vital Statistics - Watford
* Watford have had a slow start to the season, currently camped one place above the relegation zone and 4 points off the bottom.
* At home, The Hornets have picked up some form after a poor start. After managing just 1 point out of a possible 12, they have managed to win 3 of their last 4 games at Vicarage Road.
* Watford have failed to score in exactly half of their fixtures this season (8), 4 of which have been at home.
* Since taking over, Sean Dyche has only seen his team manage 3 clean sheets out of 16.
* Portsmouth's torrid away form continues, having lost 7 and drawn 5 of their last 12 games since beating Leicester on the road in March.
* New manager Michael Appleton will look to continue Pompey's recent resurgence after caretaker managers Guy Whittingham and Stuart Gray managed to secure 10 points from 6 games.
* Luke Varney's booking against Nottingham Forest means he is one away from suspension, having already missed 3 games for a straight red card earlier in the season.
* Pompey are yet to concede in November, sporting clean sheets against both Crystal Palace and Nottingham Forest.
* Portsmouth have only kept 1 clean sheet against Watford in their 11 meetings since the turn of the millennium.
* At Vicarage Road, Pompey have failed to in their last 7 visits, dating back over 15 years. In fact, since world war 2 Pompey have only managed 2 wins during their visits to Watford.
* In the last 6 games between the two sides, Watford have scored an average of 2.5 goals per game(15), while Pompey have only managed an average of 1.5 (9).
* Watford new boys Carl Dickinson and Jonathon Hogg both played in Pompey blue last season after coming in loan from Stoke and Aston Villa respectively.
* I'm adamant to get this song on the terraces, so get practicing and I'd love it if I heard it tomorrow!
"Sunday, Monday, 'Appy days,
Tuesday, Wednesday, 'Appy days,
Thursday, Friday, 'Appy days,
Saturday, what a day,
We all follow the blues.
Mick Appleto-o-o-n's Blue and White Army
Mick Appleto-o-o-n's Blue and White Army"
FVB - Watford v Portsmouth..
Written by PompeyFrippy.
The views within this article are the views of the individual who wrote and submitted this piece, sometimes solely theirs. They are not necessarily shared by the Vital Pompey Site Journalists.
Click here to make your prediction: Watford v Pompey.
Vital Pompey on: Vital Pompey on:
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.