Looking back/thinking forward with Hammersmithblue
We like to think that we rarely claim to speak, or even say that we do speak, for all Pompey fans and instead look to gage a wider opinion from our own thoughts shared in that attempt to get the wider views shared by our fellow fans!
As such we welcomed answers to some (ideally all) of the following questions, which Hammersmithblue was happy to do.
Here is what they said...
1) Overall thoughts of the 2010/11 season?
I enjoyed some of it. The dodgy back four wasn't great but great to see Mullins turn his fortunes round as I always admired his attitude even if he's not always been the flashiest. Joel Ward's development a joy to see. But overall I was glad not to be anywhere near playoffs- that would have been daft given thinness of squad.
2) Who was the player sold or released (in the summer of 2010 or during the season) that we most missed in 2010/11?
Thought it would be Begovic but Ashdown proved me wrong. I liked Wilson a lot. Of course Jamie O Hara was never ours but I still mourn his loss.
3) And the player sold or released (in the summer of 2010 or during the season) that we least missed?
Probably Utaka. While he put in a range of good perfs while in the shop window, his career as a whole showed poor returns for the cost.
4) What did you find good about the 2010/11 season?
Geezers with new season tickets behind me in south stand who are unintentionally funny. On the pitch Ward as stated and the magnificence that is Rocha.
5) And the thing(s) you found most bad?
Kitson. His attitude is shocking. He's just not the Pompey type.
6) How many games did you attend in the 2010/11 season?
All Sat home games - live in London and can't make midweeks.
7) Do you have any idea what you plans for attendance in 2011/12 will be?
Same again. Was quick to renew season ticket (mug).
8) So, onto Steve Cotterill - what are your thoughts on the boss?
Was amazed to realise we'd kept same manager all season. Generally fine but find his persistence with Kitson AND making him skipper rather disappointing. Can take or leave Cotts essentially.
9) Who did you think was the most impressive loanee we had in 2010/11?
Ritchie De Laet. Real assurance at back. Halford also good value.
10) What about the least effective and impressive loanee Cotterill brought in last term?
Sonko. Although Dicko was also fairly useless at back, like Belhadj he showed a bit more going fwd and also had same spirit which we love at FP.
11) Favourite memory/game of 2010/11 was?
Punch up which led to Dicko's red.
12) What about your worst moment/game in 2010/11?
Kitson's lame crowd baiting once he'd finally scored. Tatty.
13) Your player of the season for 2010/11 and why?
Mullins. The man has more character in his big toenail than Kitson has had in his whole career.
14) What about the least impressive player of 2010/11? Or should that be worst!
Would say Kitson but I always expected him to be lame. Mok the Weak was a long way off the bloke who put in a creditable cup final performance.
15) What would be your Pompey hopes, aspirations or expectations for 2011/12?
Realistically I'd settle for 10th. Unless there's a massive injection of roubles and we've got a completely transformed squad, promotion would be crazy.
Answered by Hammersmithblue.
If answering these questions interests you click here then please email your answers through, with your username, to me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
pompeymorris - here.
Pompey Malta - here.
pompeymart1965 - here
Chix - here
PompeyNorway - here
Pompeytim - here
moley2 - here
PLAY UP POMPEY!
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.