Looking back/thinking forward with Pompeytim
We like to think that we rarely claim to speak, or even say that we do speak, for all Pompey fans and instead look to gage a wider opinion from our own thoughts shared in that attempt to get the wider views shared by our fellow fans!
As such we welcomed answers to some (ideally all) of the following questions, which Pompeytim was happy to do.
Here is what they said...
1) Overall thoughts of the 2010/11 season?
Better than feared. At times it looked like a second dive down the divisions was on the cards, so pleased to be where we are. Wasn't pretty, but there were some high points, e.g. the brewery next to Doncaster's ground and the bar under the stand with a TV feed of the match at S****horpe.
2) Who was the player sold or released (in the summer of 2010 or during the season) that we most missed in 2010/11?
Jamie O'Hara. We've missed that energy and creativity in the centre of the park.
3) And the player sold or released (in the summer of 2010 or during the season) that we least missed?
Tommy Smith. A nothing player really (for us anyway)
4) What did you find good about the 2010/11 season?
More atmosphere at games. Seeing new grounds away from home. Less of the Premier League plastic-ness.
5) And the thing(s) you found most bad?
Quality of football was ropey at times.
6) How many games did you attend in the 2010/11 season?
All but three (home and away)
7) Do you have any idea what you plans for attendance in 2011/12 will be?
Have my season ticket. Will do probably half of the away games rather than the full complement as normal.
8) So, onto Steve Cotterill - what are your thoughts on the boss?
Poor man manager. Arrogant without real reason. But he has stuck with us, which few would have done. On balance, done just enough.
9) Who did you think was the most impressive loanee we had in 2010/11?
Sonko. I haven't seen anyone that poor for some time. Really impressive. Beyond that, Halford. Quality player. Not least for tripping up Marlon King off the ball when the ref wasn't looking. He's my hero for that.
10) What about the least effective and impressive loanee Cotterill brought in last term?
Sonko (as above) and Dicko. Like them both, but they were rubbish.
11) Favourite memory/game of 2010/11 was?
Enjoying the sunshine away at Donny Rovers after a couple of jars from the brewery and the boys actually winning.
12) What about your worst moment/game in 2010/11?
Any of those tedious matches at home where we really didn't seem to care. Burnley springs to mind. Depressing really.
13) Your player of the season for 2010/11 and why?
Liam Lawrence. He made the biggest impact of the players that we actually own. Would put Ashdown close behind due to him really stepping up this season after so long on the fringes.
14) What about the least impressive player of 2010/11? Or should that be worst!
Kitson. Complete and utter useless piece of rubbish.
15) What would be your Pompey hopes, aspirations or expectations for 2011/12?
Hope to get rid of the silly wages in the squad. Hope to bring in some canny free transfers. Hope to have a productive pre-season (please, let us have pre-season in this country??) and then finish at least mid-way, if not flirt with the play-offs.
16) And finally add anything else you would like here...
The last couple of years have been a real trudge. It has dampened my enthusiasm of late, but starting to turn the corner I think. Here's to 2011/12 and hopefully a "normal" season!
Answered by Pompeytim.
If answering these questions interests you click here then please email your answers through, with your username, to me on email@example.com.
pompeymorris - here.
Pompey Malta - here.
pompeymart1965 - here
Chix - here
PompeyNorway - here
PLAY UP POMPEY!
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.