Pompey's best 11 - Highland_Pompey
2. John MacLaughlin
3. Archie Styles
4. Neil Webb
5. Sol Campbell
6. Arjan de Zeeuw
7. Mick Kennedy
8. Robert Prosinecki
9. Mark Hateley
10. Paul Walsh
11. Alan Rogers
Got stuck on a number 2.
1. David James - Shades it over Alan Knight, and just gives me a greater feeling of security. Was awesome when he played for Watford.
2. John MacLaughlin - Just really committed to the cause, and from I remember he wasn't fancy but could tackle and cross a ball.
3. Archie Styles - Great moustache - shades it over Colin Sullivan and Michalis Vlachos
4. Neil Webb - The best £87,500 ever spent - oozed class. Bobby Campbell knew a good English player when he saw one.
5. Sol Campbell - Absolute class - and still one of the best defenders in the game
6. Arjan de Zeeuw - Not the best defender ever, but it would have been great to see him paired with Sol. 100% committed to the cause.
7. Mick Kennedy - Knew how to tackle, and scare the opposition. Martin Kuhl came close - but he didn't have the venom of MK.
8. Robert Prosinecki - One tackle all season but the best midfielder I have EVER seen at Fratton. Wish we could have got him earlier.
9. Mark Hateley - Another great Bobby Campbell young English signing. Never forget the goal against Arsenal in a friendly or his hat-tricks.
10. Paul Walsh - A magician with the ball - and not greedy with it. Knew when to pass and knew where other were.
11. Alan Rogers - Shades it over Vince Hilaire because of the amount of decent crosses, and penalties he got us.
Dickinson - although I never saw him play but you have to name him.
Selected by - Highland_Pompey in January 2008.
For more details on how you can select what you feel is Pompey's best 11 and then submit it to me click here...
PLAY UP POMPEY!
No right or wrong...
Remember there is no 'right or wrong' it is the opinion of the individual who is selecting, people might not agree but it is their call, so lets respect this,
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.