Portsmouth Forum - Pitman brace and McGee clean sheet
Vital Football

Portsmouth Football Club News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: Marek Matejovsky: 'It was very nice to enter the locker room. There was a good feeling in there, and I got a good feeling from Kevin Doyle and Stephen Hunt.' - pompeycarpet
- (Added by: pompeyrug)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Would you have given Pitman the armband?
Suggested By: pompeyrug
Yes43%
No57%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.pompeyrug55
2.PompeyFrippy19
3.Copnor4315
4.eastneydave8
5.mslorna487
6.penton4
7.pompeyweller3
8.chris19543
9.Ronald Wilson2
10.FrattonBlue1
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pitman brace and McGee clean sheet
16 July 2017 08:25 Post ID: #184980
Pompey ressie
Without being disrespectful to Bognor, it was a friendly, Pitman marked his first outing since an Ipswich arrival with a brace and ex-Spurs keeper McGee a clean sheet in a Pompey win.

Click here to read the article

Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
16 July 2017 18:59 Post ID: #184981 - in reply to #184980
Dickinson, Pompey 'til I die!
I'ts good to see so far just a few hopefully quality players arriving at F.P. rather than a large number of players who are never really to achieve anything at Pompey. Very impressed with the new manager, especially as he has spent a lot of time in the South of England rather than a manager who brings loads of people from in from up north who never really justify their wages.
Like post
Like this post
17 July 2017 08:30 Post ID: #184985 - in reply to #184980
Agree with some of what you're saying lorna but do think you've been a little harsh on Cookie.

Yes, like any manager to be fair, Cookie got in some duds but there weren't too many. Admittedly some of his favourites followed him when they should't have but he achieved the goal and most have stayed as part of Jackett's squad, so they cannot be that bad.

I'd also say, in fairness to Cookie, at times he DID need to bring in large numbers as the squad was consistently changing from year-to-year. Again, admittedly, sometimes down to his choosing.

BUT, great starts for those who have come in.
Like post
Like this post
19 July 2017 09:47 Post ID: #184989 - in reply to #184980
Dickinson, Pompey 'til I die!
Another encouraging win last night, we left a lot of our first team behind but those who did travel to Newport (the one on the island, not the one in Wales) saw a comfortable win.

Newport 0-8 Pompey XI - Kabamba got 5, Lowe got a couple and Lalkovic opened the scoring.

That's 25 goals scored in our 5 friendlies so far, and 4 clean sheets to boot.

You can't judge team performances on friendlies, but it's worth outlining some individuals.

Kabamba - obviously stands out from this one, 5 goals and linking up with his old pal Lowe well - could be a dynamic duo next season with most fans hoping they'll see plenty game time.

Pitman - didn't play last night but scored a brace against Bognor. Hit the ground running and will be our main man up top next season. It'll be interesting to see how KJ sculpts our frontline.

Lalkovic - getting a few starts in pre-season and has found the net again, maybe he can crack it at this level but just wasn't a Paul Cook guy. It'll be interesting to see if he starts against Bournemouth.

I'd imagine KJ will go for his strongest available team on Saturday against Bournemouth. Eddie Howe fielded a strong XI last pre-season in a match that finished 3-3 and I'd expect him to do the same on Saturday.
Like post
Like this post
19 July 2017 14:44 Post ID: #184995 - in reply to #184980
Think, on the whole, the side to face Bournemouth could, give or take, be the one Jackett goes with to start the League One season.

Do hope Lowe and Kabamba can link up but do feel a loan could be in the offing for Kabamba until the New Year, at least?
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum: