Portsmouth Forum - Milan Lalkovic
Vital Football

Portsmouth Football Club News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: Bobby Robson: 'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - eastneydave
- (Added by: pompeyrug)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Fleetwood MotM
Suggested By: Site Staff
McGee1%
Walkes0%
Burgess0%
Clarke0%
Donohue0%
Lowe54%
Close0%
May36%
Kennedy0%
Chaplin9%
Hawkins0%
Sub - Ronan0%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.pompeyrug49
2.uspompeyfan25
3.Copnor4325
4.blueexile16
5.storagematt16
6.chris195414
7.eastneydave13
8.Jimsmithswig11
9.steaming9
10.Dorking Pompey7
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Milan Lalkovic
20 January 2017 19:04 Post ID: #183174
Linvoy status
On loan until the end of the season.

And people have gone into meltdown because we've loaned out somebody who's made 16 appearances and scored 1 goal, and has played less than 30 minutes of football since November. Have a day off. The last time I saw him start a game was Wycombe in the FA Cup and he was abysmal. Particularly, his work-rate and effort was appalling. One thing Cook does not stand for is not giving 100%. Perhaps that's a reason?

Or maybe because Naismith has been in-form and is ahead of him in the pecking order, not to mention Jamal Lowe's arrival. Lalkovic could well be back in the picture next season if we're in L1, a division that will be more suitable for a luxury player like him? Bennett's out of contract at the end of the season as well, so if Milan proves himself at Ross County then he's got a way back into the squad right there. Was MOTM against Crawley and scored against Barnet, but otherwise he made little impact.

Naismith went out to Hartlepool last year and look at how well that decision worked out. Came back a rejuvenated and more determined player. No point keeping Lalkovic when he wants to play games and hopefully he also returns as a better player.

PUP.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
20 January 2017 21:03 Post ID: #183175 - in reply to #183174
Dickinson, Pompey 'til I die!
Cook out! Sack the board! I'm quitting football and switching to tiddlywinks!

All great points FB, I was a bit surprised when I heard the news, but wasn't exactly concerned. The last time I saw Lalkovic was a fortnight ago against Donny. He came on and looked decent, hungry. He ran at people and made a menace of himself, which was more than Bennett and Baker done whilst they were on the field.

It was only a cameo, but it left an impression. When I heard the news the first thing I thought was "Who else have we got for back-up?" Bennett and Baker have been blowing hot and cold of late and out wide does seem to be a position we don't have much cover.

Naismith can play out wide but is more effective through the middle. Lowe is promising but untested and is essentially a striker, not a winger (from what I've heard). Evans is suited there if Cook can rely on one of our natural RB's, but he got carried off last week.

It's good to know Lalkovic will be getting first team football, and I do expect him to flourish at Ross County, it's good to know we can recall him if we find ourselves short of wingers. I'm not gonna cry and moan and call for the managers head just because we loaned out a squad player who wasn't getting minutes on the pitch.

Good luck to him, hopefully he'll come back a better player.
Like post
Like this post
20 January 2017 21:03 Post ID: #183176 - in reply to #183174
Dickinson, Pompey 'til I die!
Cook out! Sack the board! I'm quitting football and switching to tiddlywinks!

All great points FB, I was a bit surprised when I heard the news, but wasn't exactly concerned. The last time I saw Lalkovic was a fortnight ago against Donny. He came on and looked decent, hungry. He ran at people and made a menace of himself, which was more than Bennett and Baker done whilst they were on the field.

It was only a cameo, but it left an impression. When I heard the news the first thing I thought was "Who else have we got for back-up?" Bennett and Baker have been blowing hot and cold of late and out wide does seem to be a position we don't have much cover.

Naismith can play out wide but is more effective through the middle. Lowe is promising but untested and is essentially a striker, not a winger (from what I've heard). Evans is suited there if Cook can rely on one of our natural RB's, but he got carried off last week.

It's good to know Lalkovic will be getting first team football, and I do expect him to flourish at Ross County, it's good to know we can recall him if we find ourselves short of wingers. I'm not gonna cry and moan and call for the managers head just because we loaned out a squad player who wasn't getting minutes on the pitch.

Good luck to him, hopefully he'll come back a better player.
Like post
Like this post
20 January 2017 22:27 Post ID: #183177 - in reply to #183176
Linvoy status
Well said, sir!
Like post
Like this post
21 January 2017 02:05 Post ID: #183179 - in reply to #183174
Alan 'The Legend' Knight
Does that mean we'll have to start up a tiddly winks prediction league now Frippy?

On a serious note, I appreciate the comments of those who have seen him play regularly. I will trust that PC is making the right decision, because I have no choice :-)
Like post
Like this post
21 January 2017 09:39 Post ID: #183183 - in reply to #183174
Pompey ressie
In a somewhat odd move - admittedly he's not been involved that much - Pompey's former Chelsea & Walsall winger Milan Lalkovic has joined Ross County on loan.

Click here to read the article

Like post
Like this post
21 January 2017 09:41 Post ID: #183186 - in reply to #183174
I'm surprised in some ways. Not so much that he's gone but that he's gone to the Scottish Premiership.

Not convinced he'll - despite what he's said - be coming back though but doubt he'll stay with Ross County somehow...
Like post
Like this post
21 January 2017 19:30 Post ID: #183189 - in reply to #183174
Pompey ressie
Game time is game time, but Scottish Premier ain't all that. He impressed at Doncaster, but not getting much time here otherwise. I don't blame any lad trying to improve his lot though.
Like post
Like this post
22 January 2017 13:44 Post ID: #183192 - in reply to #183174
Linvoy status
Disappointed with this but not surprised. I echo Frippy a bit, I like my wide players to play wide and for me that leaves Evans as the only orthodox winger on the books, yes Baker, Bennett, Roberts, Naismith, Lowe etc. can play there but they generally like to cut in or play more centrally. I hope he does well and hope he comes back personally, I need to get over it but I just can't fathom the decision not to cash in on Bennett when we had the chance, Lalkovic would have got more game time and done no worse, probably better and we might have found some form in one of our, seemingly very adequate, right backs by pushing Evans forward.
Like post
Like this post
28 January 2017 08:06 Post ID: #183221 - in reply to #183174
Agreed on that, Bennett just isn't cutting it enough. When played wide he isn't staying wide when handed a free role he does nothing.

WIngers SHOULD be wide players with pace, ability and STAY wide. Lalkovic does tend to fit that bill ahead of most others like has been said. Would hope we can get that non-league guy - Briggs was it - as he could make a huge difference?
Like post
Like this post
28 January 2017 08:06 Post ID: #183222 - in reply to #183174
Agreed on that, Bennett just isn't cutting it enough. When played wide he isn't staying wide when handed a free role he does nothing.

WIngers SHOULD be wide players with pace, ability and STAY wide. Lalkovic does tend to fit that bill ahead of most others like has been said. Would hope we can get that non-league guy - Briggs was it - as he could make a huge difference?
Like post
Like this post
24 August 2017 08:55 Post ID: #185278 - in reply to #183174
Pompey ressie
Milan Lalkovic, making his last appearance for Pompey since January, prior to a loan switch to Ross County, returned from injury to face his former club Walsall on Saturday.

Click here to read the article

Like post
Like this post
24 August 2017 09:00 Post ID: #185300 - in reply to #183174
Definitely feel there's more to come from Lalkovic, well, certainly hope so. In fact I know he WILL have to show more than he did against Walsall to keep his place going forward.

In fairness, was his first game back after injury and he'd only trained a few days BUT he shouldn't be trying all these fancy flicks and tricks in his own half - if he's turning it on at the other end you forgive that but he wasn't... in fairness he wasn't alone.
Like post
Like this post
01 February 2018 08:51 Post ID: #186435 - in reply to #183174
As said in a front page article - click here...

Firstly, Lalkovic, 25, had his contact ended by mutual consent. I was disappointed by his lack of impact last season, in fairness he wasn't really given much of a chance, but had hoped he would step up to the plate at a higher level – that didn't happen. Again, in his defence, he has been hampered by injuries this season but all things considered we'll not really miss what we've not had will we?
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum:
Portsmouth Fixtures  >>