Date:Saturday October 28 2006
Pompey Team to Face Reading
- Glen Johnson has suffered a slight Thigh strain but should be fit enough to at least start against Reading today. Pompey physio said "possibly give tomorrow a go (reading match)"
- Linvoy has a sore hamstring but is still expected to start against Reading today.
- David Thompson could possible make a shock return to the bench today, earlier than first feared after injury at Newcastle.
- Kanu has been passed fit and should go straight into the starting line-up today.
- Dejan Stefanovic faces late fitness test and may have to settle for a place in the stands as training has been kept to a minimum for Pompey`s captain this week.
Expected Pompey Line Up
If the above is the side that starts question marks must be raised about the fitness of the back four with three carrying knocks. If Dejan isn`t fit I expect Taylor to go left back and Kranjcar to come into the side. Although a fit Dejan would surely mean no place in the squad for him.
I think that Davis will get a start today as Pompey haven`t seemed the same without him in the past few weeks. If Fernandes does start however, I won`t be shocked. Being at home, Harry likes to have two strikers on the bench and I believe Kanu and Benjani will get the nod to start up-front.
How do you think Pompey will line-up?
Less than 2-weeks to go... Thoughts? (Thursday July 31 2014)
On this day in history...31st July (Thursday July 31 2014)
On this day in history...30th July (Wednesday July 30 2014)
Pompey appoint Bevan as goalkeeping coach (Tuesday July 29 2014)
2014/15 Pompey expectations - Toffee74 (Monday July 28 2014)
As long as we win! (Sunday July 27 2014)
Pompey well beaten by Ebbsfleet (Saturday July 26 2014)
On this day in history...26th July (Saturday July 26 2014)
On this day in history...25th July (Friday July 25 2014)
Awford knows his side...do you? (Thursday July 24 2014)
|Wolves maul the yellows
» Oxford : 31/07/2014 10:51:00
|Less than 2-weeks to go... Thoughts?
» Portsmouth : 31/07/2014 10:39:00
|Blues sign Rowe and Walker from Rotherham
» Wycombe : 31/07/2014 10:20:00
|Ghanaian Lands Dons Trial
» Wimbledon : 31/07/2014 10:08:00
|Injury Blow For Youngster
» Wimbledon : 31/07/2014 10:07:00