Bristol City v Pompey: Andy999's view
Vital Football caries the slogan 'for the fans by the fans', and as such we cannot forget the importance of fan participation - both on Vital Pompey and Vital in general.
As such we here at Vital Pompey Tower think it is 'vital' that we do all we can to try and actively seek fan participation, from all fans, and what better way to do this than to invite the editor of our next opponents to answer some questions for us.
This is what Andy999, the Bristol City ed, had to say in response to these questions...
1) Keith Millen seems to be going through a bit of a rough patch as your manager at the moment, is he the right man for the job and does he have the full support of the fans and/or the board?
He has the support of the board alright, but he has still to win a lot of the fans over. There are problems at the club at the moment as far as the team goes and cash availability, but the blame for that must lie with previous managers, not Millen.
2) How do Bristol City, as a club, treat the fans. Are you well treated, or are they fleecing you at any given opportunity?
I think we do alright out of the club, things are a little expensive in the club shop and on the catering departments, but in general, aren't all football grounds like that?
I think a season ticket is pretty good value for money, conditions at the ground could be better as Ashton Gate is becoming a little dated as far as stadia goes these days, but I think that`s part of the charm about City at the moment. A new stadium would be nice, but we could easily lose the atmosphere AG creates.
I don`t know what disabled supporters pay, but they could do with better facilities imo.
3) Who do you think was your best summer signing and why?
Only have a choice between Ryan Taylor from Rotherham, Jordan Spence on loan from West Ham and Neil Kilkenny from Leeds. So the jury`s still out on that one.
4) Could you have done with more arrivals - if so in which areas and maybe even who? Do you think they might still come in during this transfer window?
We have to sell first. Maybe the loan market may be used to bolster the defence and midfield.
5) Who is the player, sold or released, that you think you will miss most this season?
The player we most miss is one that we had on loan from Tottenham, that`s Steve Caulker. He was a young defender who was here on loan, he made 30 appearances and he was confident, solid and could play the ball out of defence as well as a good tackler. He is now in the Prem at Swansea.
6) What are your expectations, or hopes, for the season?
Just as the doom and gloom was setting in after two defeats, we go and beat Leicester away, so we can play when we want to and the tactics are right. Just like to see it happen more. I say mid-table this season.
7) So, what about Pompey. What do you make of our club and what do you think we should hope, or expect, for between now and May?
I think Portsmouth will be up there this season, not sure about promotion though. Dave Kitson looks to be a better player now he has left Stoke and Benjani seems to enjoy himself at your place rather than at Citeh and Blackburn. I also like Liam Lawrence. How the hell did you lose to Barnet?
8) Who are the real danger men that Bristol City have that Pompey will need to watch?
Striker Nicky Maynard, he`s great in front of goal and I can see why there are a few clubs chasing him at the moment. He is our main goal scoring threat and has all three that City have scored so far this season.
Albert Adomah is bloody good in midfield as well.
9) Is there anyone in the current Pompey squad that you would like to see at Bristol City?
Dave Kitson. I believe we were looking at him at one time during Steve Coppell`s successful spell at the club. He can do the job in this league. Thought he was great when he was at Reading. Wish he would dye his hair though.
10) What about sending a player our way, is there anyone that you would like to send to Fratton Park?
Yep, you can have David James back if you want him. I can`t see how he gets in the team half the time, he certainly does nothing to improve our side. We dropped him against Leicester and got our first win.
He might do well in your reserve side.
11) So, go on then what result are you expecting on Saturday?
After beating Leicester away in the week, if we keep James on the bench and play Dean Gerken in goal then the defence seems to have more confidence.
I think we could beat you 2-1.
Thanks again to Andy for this.
In order to get a wider view as well members of Vital Bristol City, or Bristol City fans in general, have been asked if they would be so kind to go into the forum ('fan banter' - Bristol City v Pompey, here) and answer the questions also.
Should any other Bristol fans wish to do this, or ask us any questions there is still time.
Match day live
Vital Pompey's 'match day live' will run for this game also, so join others on Vital Pompey as it unfolds - assuming you are not at it of course!
PLAY UP POMPEY!
Click here for 'fan banter' - Bristol City v Pompey.
Frippy's Virtual Bookies - link to update here.
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.