Writer: pompeyrug/Tom Walmsley
Date:Friday August 12 2011
Vital Football caries the slogan 'for the fans by the fans', and as such we cannot forget the importance of fan participation - both on Vital Pompey and Vital in general.
As such we here at Vital Pompey Tower think it is 'vital' that we do all we can to try and actively seek fan participation, from all fans, and what better way to do this than to invite the editor of our next opponents to answer some questions for us.
This is what Tom Walmsley, the Vital Brighton ed, had to say in response to these questions...
1) Gus Poyet seems to be doing a fantastic job as your manager, is he the right man for the job and does he have the full support of the fans and/or the board?
Yes and yes. He is our Chairman`s choice and can do no wrong. He has implemented a wonderful style of football in the first team, reserve team and youth sides and looks to be here for the long haul.
2) How do Brighton, as a club, treat the fans. Are you well treated, or are they fleecing you at any given opportunity?
The new stadium is a cash generating monster, make no mistake about it. But the club have introduced an interest free monthly payment offer for season tickets (which are all very good value) and each season ticket acts as a loyalty card giving you 10% off on all purchases a the ground and club shop including beer!
3) Who do you think was your best summer signing and why?
We smashed our transfer record for Craig Mackail-Smith but in my opinion, Will Buckley will prove to be the best. He is 21 years old but has already gained Championship experience with Watford and teams just cannot handle him.
4) Could you have done with more arrivals - if so in which areas and maybe even who? Do you think they might still come in during this transfer window?
Gus wants 3 more, we are short of a centre back, central midfielder and another striker, the money is there, it`s just about getting the right player.
5) Who is the player, sold or released, that you think you will miss most this season?
Elliott Bennett, we are already missing his ability from dead ball situations.
6) What are your expectations, or hopes, for the season?
I would love a mid table finish and a decent cup run in either the FA or Carling Cup.
7) So, what about Pompey. What do you make of our club and what do you think we should hope, or expect, for between now and May?
Your core 11-13 players are excellent but budget and money troubles (which I`m glad to see are easing) means you don`t have much cover for the first team. I think mid table is realistic but if you keep your first team fit and suspension free you may push further than that. Your fans always impress me and were not responsible for the years of outrageous overspending, you guys deserved a lot better than previous owners presented you.
8) Who are the real danger men that Brighton have that Pompey will need to watch?
We don`t really have an individual who stands out but our three wingers, Lua Lua, Noone and Buckley need to be kept an eye on.
9) Is there anyone in the current Pompey squad that you would like to see at Brighton?
David Norris, we are definitely in need of a box to box midfielder of his calibre.
10) What about sending a player our way, is there anyone that you would like to send to Fratton Park?
You are welcome to a few of our youngsters who are in need of a few games in and around the first team ;-)
11) So, go on then what result are you expecting on Saturday?
Draw I reckon although both sides are capable of winning the match.
Thanks to Tom for this, much appreciated!
In order to get a wider view as well members of Vital Brighton, or Brighton fans in general, have been asked if they would be so kind to go into the forum ('fan banter' - Pompey v Brighton, here) and answer the questions also.
Should any other Brighton fans wish to do this, or ask us any questions there is still time.
PLAY UP POMPEY!
Click here for 'fan banter' - Pompey v Brighton.
Date:Friday August 12 2011
Sunday Chimes #26 - Pompey back to winning ways (Sunday November 23 2014)
Stats: Pompey v Morecambe (Saturday November 22 2014)
On this day in history...22nd November (Saturday November 22 2014)
#PompeyPredictionsLeague - Update no.17 (Friday November 21 2014)
What, we cannot voice opinions now!? (Friday November 21 2014)
Pompey catch Matt Fish (Friday November 21 2014)
Good to see you old Bean... (Friday November 21 2014)
On this day in history...21st November (Friday November 21 2014)
Pompey assessment - Aldershot 1-0 Pompey (Thursday November 20 2014)
On this day in history...20th November (Thursday November 20 2014)
|Portsmouth||3||-||0||Dag & Red|
|Sunday Chimes #26 - Pompey back to winning ways
» Portsmouth : 23/11/2014 01:00:00
|Twin striker hunt for Wilcox
» York : 22/11/2014 22:55:00
|Wilcox praises courage
» York : 22/11/2014 22:38:00
|Rampant Blues roast the Robins
» Wycombe : 22/11/2014 20:57:00
|Wilcox hails 'huge' win
» York : 22/11/2014 20:01:00