Stadium Investigation Three
Stadium Investigation Three
Vital Pompey got in touch with the building company (Barr) who kindly sent me loads of junk email and a message, "All enquirers to be made through the club."
So we got in touch with someone at the Portsmouth council who confirmed that an agreement was "close" along with something she wrote by mistake. (Read investigation four!)
If the council say its close what will Portsmouth say? Peter Storrie agreed to give us an update on the stadium.
"Working hard on both the training ground is with lawyers and we hope to exchange contracts in june. with the stadium the 106 agreement is now okay with the council, we have a few legal issues still on the moving of Milton lane etc which should be finished during june. We will make announcements after then."
Excellent, a much needed training ground (asked about the village but o well) and the stadium to have the all clear soon. There where still some questions that needed answering!
THE INTERVIEW WITH PETER STORRIE
1) Do you think you told fans to early about the stadium plans i.e. before permission was received?
"How could we say to early the general permission was given it was the council 106 caused the delay. Not much we could about that."
2) How did we get it so wrong with the dates? Dates for demolition where set yet it didn't happen?
"We did not get it wrong the delays were beyond our control, speak to anyone in the construction industry and this is about the village as well." (We tried)
3) The rotation of the pitch would have seen one stand miles away this year, was this bad planning?
"That is why we did not do it at the time."
4) What would have changed had Portsmouth been relegated?
"Sasha would have improved the side still to make sure we came straight back up."
5) Will the new stadium see a large increase in season ticket prices?
"Not even looked at this until the stadium is finished."
6) Have any players ever turned Portsmouth down because of poor facilities?
"Not to my knowledge, however we have lost players to other clubs
Because of leeks of who we are trying to get."
7) What will the dimensions of the pitch be?
"Close to current but 1 metre wider and 2 metre longer."
8) Where is the money for the stadium coming from?
"Finance and profits from the village."
9) Where is the ninety million pounds for Pompey village coming from?
"Bank if we develop and the developer if we sell."
10) When will we see work starting?
"We hope late summer but it is about the village as well as the stadium and most of the hold ups are on the village."
11) Will the project put Portsmouth in debt? Seeing as the stadium is being built first!
"Of course but anywhere near other clubs, we would have to borrow a percentage of the cost."
I have saved one of my questions for investigation (part four) In that edition I will also be rounding up what this means for our club and what you should be expecting to see and when. Below is a snippet of my summary;
"YOU WILL be in a new stadium the season after next!"
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.