Date:Thursday February 25 2010
According to The Mail we are going to lose another player, and another player who leaves having never represented the club, as Dusko Tosic will be ineligible should we play him as the premier league are withholding his registration.
It is 'said' that the FA have 'confirmed' that his presence as a sub against Scum in the FA cup will not 'threaten our status' in the cup because 'different regulations apply to their competition.'
As the Serbian international 'has not been registered' The Mail went on to 'claim' that the '£5m-rated left-back can still leave on a free' but would prefer to 'stay in the Premier League' despite an 'inquiry' from Valencia.
In all honesty, even though the premier league 'lifted our embargo' to sign loanees and free agents, in many ways given the financial state that we were in/are in now, in many ways I am not surprised by this as adding more outgoings - as 'minimal' as they may well have been - was hardly wise was it?
Although I DO see this as another kick in the guts from the premier league, who seemingly continue to put over the pretence that they will do 'all they can to help' yet they are not actually doing this really are they?
Keeping costs to a minimum is something we need to do, and - again as said as little as Tosic is paid, as little as £750 per week by all accounts! - 'every little helps'...
I am still trying to get confirmation that this is actually the case - but as yet have not been able to do so. As they say, watch this space.
Speaking of 'cutting costs' with an Administrator almost certain to be appointed tomorrow their first job will be to cut costs, and this is again almost certainly going to mean cutting back and that is set to mean job cuts...
So, and very sadly so, people will lose their jobs. This could be instantly or in the weeks ahead. Yet, one of the main culprits in getting us into this mess - whatever he says contrary to this and whatever spin is put on it - that WILL cost people their jobs looks as though he will carry on!!!!
I still feel that, and not just offering to take a pay cut, Peter Storrie should be the one at the front of this queue volunteering to go - he will never do this though will he! So an administrator, as said given the pivotal role that Storrie has played in our demise, should make this guy the first one out the door...
I am stunned, although this is according to Storrie himself, that he is being asked to remain!
Show me the justice in the fact that people that have done absolutely nothing wrong and are paying for someone else's mistake will lose their job yet this man will carry on in theirs, albeit is on 'less money'. I find this absolutely sickening...
Another 'set' to remain is Mark Jacob, who The News claims is leaving his job with a London based solicitors Fuglers 'in a bid to help Pompey through their administration woes.'
PLAY UP POMPEY!
Date:Thursday February 25 2010
Fulham defender signs up (Thursday January 29 2015)
Pompey loan Fulham defender (Thursday January 29 2015)
On this day in history...29th January (Thursday January 29 2015)
McCallum facing possible 4-match ban (Wednesday January 28 2015)
We've seen you before... (Wednesday January 28 2015)
Pompey MOTM - Southend (h) (Wednesday January 28 2015)
On this day in history...28th January (Wednesday January 28 2015)
Holmes on his way (Tuesday January 27 2015)
On this day in history...27th January (Tuesday January 27 2015)
AA stays! (Monday January 26 2015)
|21. Dag & Red||27||7||6||14||-11||27|
|Former striker released
» York : 29/01/2015 22:55:00
|Moke deal collapses
» York : 29/01/2015 22:51:00
|Buckle Pleased With January So Far
» Cheltenham : 29/01/2015 21:07:00
|Flitcroft On Mayor amp; Transfer Deals
» Bury : 29/01/2015 20:57:00
|Bell Tolls For Fergus
» Mansfield : 29/01/2015 16:51:00