Date:Thursday August 27 2009
First and foremost our future has been secured - it is just a shame that his has taken so long to happen and it happened the way it did although to be fair to SAF all the way through he has said this would happen and schedules were being met.
Finally we now know that Pompey have been officially taken over, we have now been officially taken over right? I still have doubts as we know what a shambles, and often farce this process has been.
Now starts the time where we need this to be done right.
* We need to ensure that we are put onto an even playing field; we do not let ourselves get into a state anywhere near to the one we have found ourselves in over the most recent months.
We need to ensure that we are put onto a sound financial state.
* To do this we need to get the infrastructure of the club sorted out - finally giving us some structure!
This includes continued progression of the academy that we have started working on.
* For this we need the training ground sorted, not more talking about this lets finally see some serious action taken to make this happen. We also need Fratton to start being redeveloped - again no more talking about this, lets start seeing some positive moves and actions (and building) start.
We say that November 'should' be the time we start cracking on with this, so lets start cracking on!
* The club needs to start being 'more transparent' with its fans. This 'appears' to be what we are doing of late, which is good. Of course I am not suggesting that the club does exactly what we ask, but consulting us for more ideas and maybe taking more notice of the more 'realistic ones' would be ideal.
Lets ensure that the club are as open and honest with us as possible - do not let us be the last ones to know, tell us as it is and we will not believe the stuff that the papers write, most of which is rubbish anyway although we cannot always tell.
* Ticket prices need to be looked at, or at least ways of bringing more through the gates needs to be looked at. Too many are priced out of it - things like kids for a quid, or a fiver, or maybe family reduced packages mean that we not only bring back some of the older generation we can also start to look at the new generation.
If we get them interested at an early enough age, as an affordable enough prices then they will carry on throughout the years...
* Lets keep it realistic!
No running before we can walk - in time anything 'could' be possible but lets think long and hard about what we are doing before we do it. Keeping to a structure, and a budget, is something that we clearly need to do! Not doing this before is what got us into this mess to begin with!
* Oh, and players!
Without these we are a sitting duck, dead in the water, playing out time - look at it whatever way you want! We need to bring in more players or we are going down. No more talk, talk is cheap - actions speak louder than words now and we have little time left for words or actions so lets crack on.
PLAY UP POMPEY!
Date:Thursday August 27 2009
2015/16 opponents now known (Monday May 25 2015)
On this day in history...25th May (Monday May 25 2015)
On this day in history...24th May (Sunday May 24 2015)
Sunday Chimes #48 - Pompey triumph at play-off fin (Sunday May 24 2015)
On this day in history...23rd May (Saturday May 23 2015)
Cook completes his back room staff (Friday May 22 2015)
On this day in history...22nd May (Friday May 22 2015)
Bennett becomes Cook's first signing (Thursday May 21 2015)
Wallace opts for Wolves (Thursday May 21 2015)
Nosworthy - would you welcome him back? (Thursday May 21 2015)
|14. Dag & Red||46||17||8||21||-1||59|
|Hartlepool Know 2015-16 Opponents
» Hartlepool : 25/05/2015 20:18:00
|Stevenage Know 2015-16 Opponents
» Stevenage : 25/05/2015 20:13:01
|Mansfield Know 2015-16 Opponents
» Mansfield : 25/05/2015 20:11:00
|Exeter Know 2015-16 Opponents
» Exeter : 25/05/2015 20:10:00
|Southend Know 2015-16 Opponents
» Southend : 25/05/2015 19:57:00