More Crouch/Storrie in denial/Diarra/No Dunne deal
The Peter Crouch talk will not go away will it - and although some 'reports' might have told you we are out of the running Peter Storrie insists, with what he told The News that we are still in for him: 'Harry has made it clear he wants Peter Crouch. He's the sort of quality we want to add to the team.
'We have made a fair bid for him and that was turned down but we are still interested.
'It's now the case that we have made known our position and Liverpool have made know theirs - we will see what happens after that.
'This is not the end of it. As in normal transfer negotiations there is still more talking to be done. That's how it works.
'We are not going to be giving up. Harry sees him as an important player and we will try to bring him to Fratton Park.
'At the moment both myself and Harry are away so there is nothing happening, we will see what the situation is after this week.
'But nothing will be happening with Peter's future in the meantime, either. It's a quiet time for transfers.
'We are still interested, he's a quality player.'
We will sign him, it is just a matter of time and when not if - I remain confident on this one guys!
Despite the fact that Peter Storrie says that both he and Harry Redknapp are away Storrie seems to be doing a hell of a lot of talking about this and that...
As well as talking to The News about Peter Crouch he also spoke to them about the weekends 'reported targets' - well in fact nearly signed - Harry Kewell and Edu, denying an interest in either: 'Edu? Dear oh dear, that's another one wide of the mark.
'I read that - apparently it is an exclusive. Well it is exclusively wrong.
'As for Kewell, that is two years out of date. Back then we were interested and then he had that bad injury. That was the end of that.
'Nothing's happening now, though.'
He also denied ever having an interest in Morgan Schneiderlin, who last week signed for the lot the road - with it claimed he choose them over us saying: 'it's absolute rubbish. I have never even heard of him.
'Are they having a laugh? Is it April 1 or something? We've never been after such a player. To suggest otherwise really is rubbish.
'Why would anyone ever choose Southampton ahead of Portsmouth in the first place, no offence meant.
'I would certainly know if we had made an approach for him and that is definitely not the case.'
Yet again Lassana Diarra has had to fend off questions about his future, but once again he has stressed that his future lies with Pompey.
He has repeatedly said that he does not want to leave, but this latest and hopefully final declaration of intent given to L'Equipe should put an end to this talk once and for all: 'Where will I play next season? Why such a question? I am under contract at Portsmouth.
'I feel fine at the club, they have allowed me to play in Europe and win the FA Cup.'
That puts an end to that, although I have believed for several weeks that this was always going to be the case anyway!
And finally, with Peter Storrie once again doing the talking - and again to The News - he has conceded defeat in the quest to sign Richard Dunne: 'we're not expecting anything to happen there.
'It sounds as if he is going to sign a new contract at Manchester City.'
The Irishman did look like he was leaving Citeh, but since Mark Hughes' arrival he has had a change of heart - maybe I am cynical but the bumper new deal he has been offered has probably helped too!
So, plenty to read about here - as always if you feel you have something to say on any of the above you know what to do guys! Thoughts below...
PLAY UP POMPEY!