Date:Sunday February 19 2006
Here is my response.
WE WILL GO DOWN - THE TEN COMMANDMENTS
As much as it hurts me to say, and sounds pessimistic but the facts are all too clear to see.
1. We cannot score more than one goal in all our league games bar once (Sunderland - the only side below us)
2. All the other teams above us are showing some improved form, we are not.
3. The gap from safety is increasing with Chelsea Away our next match.
4. The 5-0 loss to Birmingham is indicative of our league position.
5. I don't believe we have good moral on and off the field.
6. The 4 wins this season have all come against moderate or poor opposition.
7. To expect 7 wins from 12 games when we have managed 4 from 26 to me seems wide of the mark.
8. The players are not used to each other as our team has had so many changes and personnel.
9. Fratton Park is not the fortress that it was - 2003/2004 (10 wins) 2004/2005 (8 wins) 2005/2006 (2 wins*)
10. Finally and probably the least important - we don't have a Premiership ground or Premiership facilities.
I wish more than ever to be proved wrong, I have tipped Pompey in tipping competitions so many times this season, only to be disappointed on numerous occasions. I rest my case, now it's up to the defence - literally.
If you would like to respond to this article register and email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your story about relegation is good enough I will publish it.
Stats: Oxford v Pompey (Saturday August 23 2014)
Oxford v Pompey (Saturday August 23 2014)
On this day in history...23rd August (Saturday August 23 2014)
#PompeyPredictionsLeague - Update no.3 (Friday August 22 2014)
Not always liked but always respected (Friday August 22 2014)
On this day in history...22nd August (Friday August 22 2014)
Awford's assessment - Pompey 2-0 Northampton (Thursday August 21 2014)
On this day in history...21st August (Thursday August 21 2014)
Things looking up! (Wednesday August 20 2014)
On this day in history...20th August (Wednesday August 20 2014)
» Tranmere : 23/08/2014 18:15:00
» Stevenage : 23/08/2014 18:09:00
» Shrewsbury : 23/08/2014 18:04:00
» Exeter : 23/08/2014 17:59:00
» Mansfield : 23/08/2014 17:56:00