Date:Sunday February 19 2006
Here is my response.
WE WILL GO DOWN - THE TEN COMMANDMENTS
As much as it hurts me to say, and sounds pessimistic but the facts are all too clear to see.
1. We cannot score more than one goal in all our league games bar once (Sunderland - the only side below us)
2. All the other teams above us are showing some improved form, we are not.
3. The gap from safety is increasing with Chelsea Away our next match.
4. The 5-0 loss to Birmingham is indicative of our league position.
5. I don't believe we have good moral on and off the field.
6. The 4 wins this season have all come against moderate or poor opposition.
7. To expect 7 wins from 12 games when we have managed 4 from 26 to me seems wide of the mark.
8. The players are not used to each other as our team has had so many changes and personnel.
9. Fratton Park is not the fortress that it was - 2003/2004 (10 wins) 2004/2005 (8 wins) 2005/2006 (2 wins*)
10. Finally and probably the least important - we don't have a Premiership ground or Premiership facilities.
I wish more than ever to be proved wrong, I have tipped Pompey in tipping competitions so many times this season, only to be disappointed on numerous occasions. I rest my case, now it's up to the defence - literally.
If you would like to respond to this article register and email me at email@example.com. If your story about relegation is good enough I will publish it.
Who should fear Cook's axe? (Wednesday May 27 2015)
On this day in history...27th May (Wednesday May 27 2015)
Music to my ears! (Tuesday May 26 2015)
All aboard Capt Cook's HMS Pompey (Tuesday May 26 2015)
On this day in history...26th May (Tuesday May 26 2015)
2015/16 opponents now known (Monday May 25 2015)
On this day in history...25th May (Monday May 25 2015)
On this day in history...24th May (Sunday May 24 2015)
Sunday Chimes #48 - Pompey triumph at play-off fin (Sunday May 24 2015)
On this day in history...23rd May (Saturday May 23 2015)
|14. Dag & Red||46||17||8||21||-1||59|
|Hatters Sign Orient Centre-Back
» Luton : 27/05/2015 17:39:01
|Penny Charged With Assault
» Southend : 27/05/2015 17:33:01
|Andy King - RIP
» Luton : 27/05/2015 17:30:00
|Defender Hughes Signs For Stevenage
» Stevenage : 27/05/2015 17:07:01
|Chesterfield Friendly Announced
» Hartlepool : 27/05/2015 16:56:00