Ipswich patience wearing thin...
Despite an agreement being reached a while back between Pompey and Ipswich for them to take Dave Nugent on loan for the rest of the season, this has still not gone through as it is 'believed' he wants to get himself back to match fitness after a groin injury.
Jim Magilton however seems to be running out of patience: 'we need a decision from the lad. If he's coming this week then fine, if not we'll look elsewhere'.
It is a strange one, and seems to be a similar situation to the one he was in last summer when things dragged on with the 'will he, wont he' move here, and firstly Sunderland - who did eventually lose patience with him… Everything seemed sorted with Ipswich, but for whatever reason this is dragging on again.
The word coming from Pompey and Ipswich last week was that he 'wanted to get himself fit again ready to play before he goes', but Pompey had said 'he would not be made to go if he did not want to' - so does he want to go, that could be a key question?
There is 'reported' late interest from Stoke, so this could also be holding things up as he could favour that move more, but they might not have the finances to offer what Ipswich do, which could be a factor on our part, as Ipswich were 'said' to be offering a good financial package…
Whatever though, again this is another ridiculous transfer 'on and off' that we are involved in and is dragging on, it needs to be put to bed… is it really that hard?
If he wants to go he should go - Pompey have made it clear he can, if he does not want to go then he should say he does not want to. This is just my thought but it seems to be pointing towards him not wanting to go as fitness could be worked on at Ipswich could it not if all has been agreed?
PLAY UP POMPEY!
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.